Friday, July 6, 2012

First Unofficial Stop: RVA

PART ONE

My friends and I had planed, changed, re-planned this trip for months, so when it finally came to game day the plan was for us to leave DC, them to pick me up in Tyson's and drive all the way to Atlanta; things did not go according to plan...


About two hours into our trip we needed to switch drivers and pulled off in Richmond. We pulled into the first parking lot not paying too much attention. Did a quick switcharoo and planned to be off. Well we should have payed more attention because Daniel put the petal to the metal and drove off...right over a former light post median. It basically sounded like Optimus Prime got a one two knock-out punch by Megatron...all crunch! smh. We got out to find parts of metal wrapped around four metal posts and a shredded under carriage. At this point we knew we would be spending the night in Richmond. Luckily for us, Marge has AAA and we were able to get the car towed. Luckier for us our tow truck guy Kevin was one of those amazing human beings and helped us get set up at a local hotel. He also gave us a ride to the hotel after dropping off the car. Furthermore he picked Daniel up the next morning to take him to the shop.We got a good night sleep in a sweet motel (sans rotating bed) and waited to find out if our road trip was ending before it even began...

At this point you all know that the road trip happened but when Daniel walked through the door and let us know that the damage was just cosmetic I yelled out PRAISE! Which Shajena found hilarious me being a questionable atheist and all. At that point I felt the need , and praise became a theme of the trip. We grabbed some breakfast at Waffle house and got on the road to Atlanta. It was important for me to get to Atlanta because my dear friend LAW lives there and I desperately wanted to see her. I wanted her to meet some other important people in my life. We got to ATL safely and were able to spend time with her. I cannot wait to go back and spend more time in Atlanta with LAW.

Look, moral of the story don't just check your seat belts...check for medians and KEEP OFF THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment