Monday, December 31, 2012

Was that 2012 that Just Went By?

Do you know what time it is?! Year in review time! I cannot believe another year has come and is almost gone; I literally sneezed and 2012 was over. I have to say I am not dropping tears over here about it coming to an end. In fact the first part of 2k12 suuuucked boots but it redeemed itself in the 2nd half, so slap on the back '12' for that. I usually do a best/worst of "said year" list but since I decided to go MIA on this piece I will just do a year end review to get updated and move on forward!



June- Epic road trip happened! If you get the chance to do this someday, DO IT! A quick summary of the posts I meant to write. Things I learned on this trip included but are not limited to; always look before you drive, have friends all over and utilize them, make sure your campsite has rangers for the coyotes, New Orleans is the shit, Sante Fe will take your breathe away, the Grand Canyon can only be fully appreciated in person, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas only if you have two beds in your hotel room, you start to lose your mind around Southern Cali.for.ni.A and Texas is a big fucking state. If you have questions about any of these feel free to ask but really this trip is one giant inside joke and you should be jelly that you weren't on it....juuuust kidding but seriously

July - Employment! I started back at City Year as a program manager (literally a day after I stepped off the plane from my road trip) and it was weird at first being the HBIC and not Allison but I think I am doing well. I really love what I am doing and that is mainly because I have two wondrous teams of amazing young people; they inspire me and challenge me to do better every day.  I get to be dad to my two amazing team leaders' mom. Those two ladies are FAB, and I would probably be writing a different tale without them.  Oh and having insurance is BOSS

August - I went white water rafting! That was epic, there is an actual post with pictures dedicated to that coming, so stay tuned.

November- I turned 28 uhhhhgh whhhhy! just kidding I am thankful for another year of health and wisdom and had a beautiful birthday weekend with great humans.

December - 8 million friends got engaged and I ate 8 million pints of Ben and Jerry's because of it! BAH! I kiid really...But honestly, this month was the best of the year. My entire family was with us for the holidays; my auntie Sandra, my cousin Ashlei and her son, and my uncle Tyron who came from Barbados came. It was wonderful and I was beyond happy. It was the perfect way to spend my last Christmas season in the states..yep that is right, I am out in June! I got the best news of my life, my invitation to serve with the Peace Corps, I was not expecting it until May. Where will I be....SWAZILAND in Southern Africa. I am actually very excited despite a previous post on here about not wanting to go to Africa. I think it is going to be an amazing experience though and I am beyond excited.

I am so excited about 2013! A lot is going on, and without even trying I get to knock out a few more items on this list, obviously #27 as I depart the good ole US of A. Eventually this blog will turn into my travel log as I go through this epic Peace Corps journey. Even though I did not complete everything on my list it is okay because it was never really about that, I just wanted to stop being a passenger in my own life. Have a happy, safe, and wonderful New Year and a glorious 2013 to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment