Monday, October 31, 2011

October = Pumpkins, Halloween, Snow!?

One of these things is NOT like the other. Yes we got some snow here in the nation's capital this weekend and all I have to say is WTF weather?! What happened to the brisk Fall weather with the smell of leaves in the air and speckled tree lines of crimson, copper and marigold...it got replaced by snowflakes, rain boots, and teeth chattering air temperatures, THAT'S WHAT! I literally was in my house in sweats, my quarter zip, socks, and I even broke out the winter blanket.I for sure was going to let the weather be my excuse to stay in on my favorite Holiday, a Facebook friend's status so awesomely summed up my thoughts on the evening:
Halloween Weekend Forecast: overnight low of 32 with 100 percent chance of snow/rain...good luck sluts.
....and yet there were still girls dressed in tiny costumes shivering to death with their nipples ready to cut glass. You are brave girls,  it took all of me to dawn my tutu and bathing suit and walk the five blocks to my friends' party (I worse sweatpants underneath) I was not prepared to suffer for my costume.However I wasn't going to let the weather keep me from being young and fun either.

I love when people get creative with their costumes I can appreciate some sluttasticness when you are more than just a sexy nurse,cop,milk maid, nurse, flight attendant, teacher, nurse..well you get my point. I often find myself judging people and their intelligence level on their costumes.

Slutty nurse = C- student from an unaccredited community college
Leelo from the 5th element = Rhode scholar (actual costume I saw).
Waldo = 3rd string football player at a division 3 school
Oscar the Grouch with trash can and full paint = Mensa candidate.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the fact that you can run around in a fishnets, panties, and tassels or that you are lazy, if I had a sick body I would wear next to nothing too just give it a little pizzaz would you. Be more than your body and use that brain!

I really don't know how I will top my costume next year, the simple fact that I almost killed my friend's dog because he ate my Nicki Minaj chicken necklace (sorry Chester) put this Halloween over the top.

I realized that in two days I turn 27! And the funnest year of my life will start (I hope) but at the very least I wont be a bystander any longer! I THROW down the binoculars and stop watching and jump on the go train. I'm excited! I am adding anther thing to my  list I WILL attend all of my kickball games from here on out, no excuses!

           HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 








No comments:

Post a Comment