Monday, December 5, 2011

Hi My Name is Charisse..and I'm and Addict

If only there was a Facebook Anonymous because this girl is ADDICTED! This is my ode to finals week post and in honor of such I had to deactivate my account. I have a serious problem, I find myself facebooking for no damn reason. I knew it was becoming a problem when I would use it as a means for a break "Okay Charisse finish this page, then you can check your newsfeed". Well pages become paragraphs that became sentences and before you knew it I had entire pages made up of ...... It waste so much time and productivity and what do I get out of it NOTHING... actually that is a lie I get copious amounts of pleasure, stalking and commenting on random crap from people I have cyber friendships with. Have you ever been asked by a friend if they heard about so and so and you can basically deliver that person's history in 4.7 seconds flat AND then you realize you haven't seen or talked to that person in 1-5.5 years {I can feel your judgement right now, you know you've done it too}. Well if you have you can thank FACEBOOK! It let's you keep friendships or the idea of them alive because it is instant and keeps you connected.

I already feel myself yearning for it, I have definitely shifty eyed the Facebook icon above a few times already. I quickly deleted it before I started to break into a panic induced sweat. Yea that ish is crazy so in order to save my sanity {and my gpa} I had to let it go for awhile. This relationship is not symbiotic, I have to be out.  You are great for promoting this blog though!

So long for now FB, I shall miss you and the false sense of friendships that you provide for me. Adios!
(until December 12th at noon)

No comments:

Post a Comment