Friday, January 20, 2012

How Can One Blog, Have So Much Power


being a "blogger" has given me more power than I thought. I think that is saying a lot because I just don't have the follower base that real bloggers have {so in reality this blog should have no power}. Simply putting my business out there has given me some kind of cred because it has given me a voice and the ability to reach people I would never have reached before. I think that is absolutely amazing. If my struggles, happiness, joys, sorrows, fuck ups, can help someone else then I have done something great.


I have gotten some really great feedback and praise and have been so humbled. I like that people are feeling some kind of way about what I have to say; my words have even inspired people to create their own lists! I have gotten critiques on it too which has also been good. Although this is basically my baby so it stings a little when someone calls it ugly {no one did but you get what I mean}. With the good comes the bad and I have to realize that a part of sharing your writing is exposing it to criticism. I never set out to move people with this...I just wanted a way to stick to my goals and if I was accountable to an entire cyber world than I couldn’t back out.


Recently I found out about a situation that was related to some of my posts and I was bothered by it, so much that I thought about censoring this blog but then I thought about it and realized I’m not embarrassed about anything that I have written and I can’t censor my work. In the end it is a reflection of me and in some strange way it would be saying that I am not good enough I have to make changes to make you comfortable.

This situation really made me realize the scope of my blog and the weight of my words. I would say that not everything is as it seems and not every post is about who you think it is about  but I do reflect from all aspects of my life and use people to reflect on things that relate to me. I TRY (not always successfully} to make random posts be in synergy with my list but as I have said before this is my ship and I can crash it into a reef if I want to.


I try not to just put people on blast. IF you feel like I have done so please let me know because my intentions were never to hurt you specifically and it was probably a generalization. If you feel like you need clarification on a post ASK I can answer within reason...I’m not putting all my business out there... and some things are better when they remain vague...go figure.



Finally, please do NOT accost the people you think my posts are about, that is just rude and unnecessary and people shouldn’t have to defend my words and feelings because they are MINE! There are always two sides of a story and the truth sits somewhere in the middle; so even if you think you know…you have no idea, so hush ya mouth! 


Other than that I want to say thank you all for all of the feedback and kind words. I really appreciate it all. Annnnnnnnnnnnyway....that is all. Over and out!



No comments:

Post a Comment