Sunday, January 22, 2012

ICE! and Blue Parkas

H



 olller! {b-dawg that is for you} so this post is NOT about Zoo Lights because it is wack...
Alright, I am sure Zoo Lights was awesome and I am just bitter that I didn't get a chance to go {it was pooring down rain the night I was supposed to go} BUT I did do something else similar but WAY BETTER! I finally got to go see ICE! at the Gaylord National Hotel; it was pretty spectacular. The best part of the experience was getting to spend some time with friends that I haven't seen since Thanksgiving and really hung out with in even more time than that.The coolest thing about this exhibit is that they ship is tons and tons of ice along with 200 Chinese men to sculpt it {no joke, they are from China}. The inspiration for Ice! comes from a spectacular ice sculpture festival that happens in China every year. The space that we were in was 5 degrees and remains that at all times {hence the blue parkas, and the little blue cap on my H}. It was almost too cold to really enjoy, I wish I had spent a little more time admiring the work.


I had a great time with my old friends and little Ella she is becoming such a little lady. The National Harbor is absolutely beautiful and if you get a chance you should go down there and check it out. I actually attended Ice! a few weeks back but since we got a little snow this weekend here in DC I thought it was fitting to post it now!

I am just going to go ahead and cross this of my list with the promise that IF I am in  DC this time next year I will make sure I get to Zoo Lights {I also missed the Rockettes} but tap class is in the works for February. See some sweet pics below! 
YAY! Ice people of color!










No comments:

Post a Comment