Tuesday, January 24, 2012

If I Looked Like Cee-Lo, You Would Tell Me Right?

While typing I realized I have abnormally small bird hands in relation to my body, then I looked at my arms and gasped I'm pretty sure I have T-Rex arms; those tiny miniscule little things for such an enormous being poor T-Rex how did you become so fierce. If you have seen Cee-Lo you know exactly what I am talking about.

Anyway on to the post for the outfit I rocked....

You've heard me lament about my personal beauty image and how it has teetered over the years but the swaggu cup is filling its way back up. Recently I found this skirt,  fell in love and wanted it and was determined to wear it out. When I described this skirt to my friend Marge it sounded like the trashiest hawt mess thing DC girls wear... "so it is, you know a bondycon..electric blue metallic leopard print mini..." EXCUSE ME WHAT?! It easily could be doing way too much for one little piece of cloth.I was super afraid of looking like Cee-Lo, short arms and bright prints everywhere.  I decided that I would save it for the right occasion.


This past weekend was one of my loves' 25th bday, hence the perfect occasion! You have ALSO heard me talk of Sha she is truly wonderful  and I know this because she got me to do something I absolutely hate:
I WENT. SALSA DANCING. 

{if I could have made the above flash in neon lights I would} Sha is so amazing at it and it is a true love of hers. She is near and dear to my heart and I love her dearly. The least I could do was to suck  it up for her and you know what I had fun, more fun than I have had in the past. I also decided that if I was going to do this I was going to look as tarty as possible, hence the verbally appalling skirt. I kept it simple and paired it with a black motorcycle jacket and some boots {instead of stilettos}, however I spun around one too many times and didn't get any good pictures of me in the outfit...FAIL! If I were a real blogger this would have never been the case!

Lone outfit picture!

I am glad I worked this skirt because I loved it and can't wait to wear it again (with stilettos}. I found lately that I am trying new things instead of just walking by them and thinking " I could never pull that off". I often wondered what people {when I say people I mean females} would think if I showed up somewhere in a certain outfit. I think sometimes as females we end up being each others worst enemies; instead of being each others biggest champions. My friend Mo and I were discussing that females need to do better. It's like the ability to hate on each other is one given at birth. I often say that even though most girls dress for men, it is the compliment from another woman that will instantly lift the spirits. I think this is because we know that for guys it is pretty simple; they can't help it they are visual beings. Us females are a much more complex being; we point out the shoes, or a the bag, or an accessory. Don't get me wrong, many fake compliments are given out by girls but there is a big difference between "oh you look cuuuuuuuute {insert up talk}" and "wow, I am loving your Tory Burch green flats, they work so well with your printed skirt". When the time is taken to point out the details it means something; we as ladies are all about the fine print.

Moral of the story..don't be afraid to wear things that you may love just because society tells you you shouldn't {with in reason}. I firmly believe that YOU make the outfit not the other way around. At the end of the day if you feel great in it and can rock it DO IT! Who cares what people have to say about it and I think this could be applied to more in life than just clothing! Dress for yourself, you will find you are a much happier person!

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me ma'am. You are rocking that outfit. Your verbal description does not do that skirt justice, lol. You look awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete