Friday, January 27, 2012

Product Overload

Currently I am on the natural girl struggle;  I am falling into the trap of buying every product that any YouTuber/blogger suggests.What I have found is that trying a few things here and there is good and then just going with what works best for me. I think I have found some things I really like and that has been great. I am trying not to buy anymore products of things I already have but I am on the hunt for a great styling/holding product.


So far I am 6 months post relaxer and I have to say I am not missing the relaxers. I checked out the new growth the other day and I absolutely loved seeing my natural curls and waves comes through {it's so pretty when it's wet}. Another bonus is that I get to wear wigs tee hee; I like to consider them fashionable hats! Wigs are so functional, they are instant hair, style and mood changer,  AND keep your head warm!

It has been fun playing with things to do with my hair and I have already tried a couple on my own! One thing about going natural, it is ALOT of work! For 27 years my mom has done my hair {or paid to have it done} for anything more than a flat iron or ponytail but going natural {and living away from mama dukes} has made me become dependable on myself. I did my first roller set over break and that wasn't half bad, the only problem was that it was a little frizzy and didn't last. I got some great advice from some friends and copious amounts of YouTubing! I tried my very first flexi rod set recently and I LOVED it! I was sure it was going to be super jank but as I took out the rods the curls were so cute. My friend Barbara suggested that I try bantu knots as well; so that is up next of things to try.  I have learned so much new lingo in the last couple of months!

With my best-friend's wedding approaching I am trying to figure out what I am going to do... wig, weave, other??? I think I will just cross that bridge when I get to it in May. Check out my completed flexi rod set  beeeelow!

Step 1. Flexi rods are in!

2. Fully dry and remove rods
3. Pulled and stretched and styled.


No comments:

Post a Comment